"Sure," I tell him, because I'm guessing that's the right response. His expression is one of satisfaction and as I walk out of the room, I wonder, where is the answer key for these parenting moments. Cage fighting?
Pulling wet laundry from the washing machine and tossing it into the dryer, my mind lingers on this season of parenting, marriage, friendships. I mull over Eli's question, familiar lines speaking encouragement into my heart... A time to keep silence, And a time to speak. And I smile, this mother-son two-step.
Spirit's directive came a couple of weeks ago amidst my complaining that I was tired of bumbling along, "When you're all done feeling sorry for yourself, I have something to tell you." I quieted down... and in the depths of my heart, I heard, "Take authority over what I've given you to take authority over."
This season, one of waiting, patient... sometimes waiting to discern exactly which season I'm in...
"To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:"
276. ...for the refreshment of a season full of breakthroughs!
277. ...for ordinary days turned into poetry.
278. ...for the way Rae's eyes lit up when she "got it" during a math lesson.
279. ...for a morning spent with cousins.
280. ...for the opportunity to spend a couple of hours with friends visiting from France.
281. ...for a whole bag of super sweet mini peppers,
282. ...and how Zeke was so willing to chop them all for freezing.
283. ...for the extravagant grace and forgiveness extended by husband and children when I spoke rudely
284. ...for painful disappointments.
285. ...that God is Who He says He is,
286. ...and that I can take Him at His Word.
287. ...for the spontaneous couple of hours that a dear, beloved friend spent pouring hope and encouragement into my heart, strengthening my spirit for the next leg of the journey!