Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Road Trip Updates, Part 1

We're here in Den Hague, Netherlands!  And while I sip the [very strong] cup of coffee Zae fixed up for me, ("You may want to add a little more sugar," he said when he handed it to me), Zeke is giving me a little tour of the place --  complete with a library/sitting room filled with shelves of books and a computer to update you all!  Out back, just beyond the floor to ceiling windows, there's a canal, (of course, we're in Holland!!), with four swans.

You know... it never. gets. old.  Never.  Everyday I still have that fluttering in my heart... the flutter that says, Today you're traveling.  Expect something new.  Something beautiful.  Things that are going to take your breath away and never leave you the same. 

Alright, Grandma and Grandpa and Kathy, (Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jake and LeRoy's cousin, Kathy), just stepped into the dining room and are ready for breakfast...  I'll try to blog from wherever I can duck in for a few minutes and struggle for words to describe this amazing life we're living...

Kisses from Holland!

2 comments:

  1. Kisses from Holland? Oh, I wish I was there! I am half Dutch, and I LOVE the culture, the air, the aroma of cigars and coffee; the cobbled streets; the language; the ambiance.

    Kiss Holland for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. Aaaaahhhhh. So lovely. I'm going to close my eyes and remember back to our time in Holland. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete