Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Encourage Thyself, Sister!

Overwhelmed by "mama guilt," disappointed in not meeting my own expectations, self-pity overshadowed my afternoon hours. Yet, later, in the stillness of moments when drifting into sleep, Spirit whispered,

But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
I Samuel 30:6

Today is a new day. And I'm charged with a sense of renewed purpose. Renewed hope.

(You're so right, Bethany, a good night's sleep does wonders! Two more in a row ought to set the gauges at full! Wise counsel, Dear Friend!)

"Every day is a chance for a new stance like every song is the beginning of a new dance!" (One World by Toby Mac) Time to dance! smile.

The story in I Samuel 30 reads like an action-thriller. All the elements of a fast-paced blockbuster are in there. What I love is that the story didn't end with David's discouragement. Instead, he encourages himself in the Lord and then goes on to win the victory.

Yes. Today I will take back ground. Today I will be victorious. Today I will spread an infectious attitude of thankfulness.

This is the day which the Lord has made;

[I] will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24


Like the sunrise that gloriously greets this new day, my soul is filled with gratitude and expectation. Today I'll lay mosaic tiles...

Are you as curious as I am as to the art, the beauty, the inspiration, the adventure that lies ahead?

Because He lives.

But thanks be to God, who gives [Sharon] the victory through [her] Lord Jesus Christ. ~ I Cor. 15:57

(Photos: Views of the sunrise from our village.)





3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.....thank you for such inspiration! What a great way to start my day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!Your entry has left me speechless..
    Your so gifted, thank you for sharing it with us..
    Tami Nila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the tides, the ebb and flow of life. It's so much less unnerving then when it happens to us. We get to hold hands with each other. You're making a path, sister. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete