Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Ascribe to the Lord, O mighty
ones,
ascribe to the Lord glory and
strength.

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His

name;

worship the Lord in the splendor

of His holiness."

~ Psalm 29:1-2

Sunrise at our house.

It is 9:57 PM on Sunday night at our house. Tomorrow is Monday morning -- my favorite day of the week! (I know some of you will think I'm joking or I'm sick but I am so serious! I confess I'm a sucker for "new;" hence, the beginning of a new week...) I wanted to share these pictures of the sunrise. These pictures were taken from our house.

So many mornings we get ready for the day, meet in the kitchen for a bite of breakfast, read the Proverbs for the day, and exchange thoughts about the day's agenda. LeRoy walks Zeke and Israel to the bus stop at 6:55 and then Zae to the bus stop at 7:23. This means that LeRoy and I get about 12 minutes to communicate any pressing thoughts or ideas before he heads off to work. (Most mornings Eli gets up with the rest of the family and then goes back to bed for about another hour before we start home school.)

It is then that I sit... quiet... with my Bible... my journal... listening to a chorus of birds that rivals the finest gospel choir, perhaps a farmer's tractor plowing a field nearby, an occasional cow mooing from the barn just down the street. It is in these quiet, sacred moments when I sit at my grandmother's antique table and look out the window in my sweet little kitchen nook where I watch the sun rise... and listen for His still, small voice, the One Who invites me to spend time with Him in His "temple courts" (Psalm 84:10). It is in these moments that I present my King with the only gift I know to give: my heart. That's when I look up to find His gift to me: a glorious sunrise flooding the expanse of the entire sky. How amazing!

May you find moments in your day to simply "hang out" with the Almighty God who wants to hear what's on your heart and longs to fill your life with His unfailing love and peace.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment