Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Simple update while I struggle to find words...

Phew! Good thing I've toyed with this blogger thing enough to know where to sign in and post a new blog! It all came up in German and I'm not sure how to get it in English! (Hopefully it doesn't translate my post into German...)

Real quick... WE'RE LOVING IT!! I am struggling to find words to describe how wonderful it all is. Everything people said about it is true -- and more. I think I've been waiting all my life for this (and just didn't know it until I was about 16 years old). We're staying in temporary housing on base while we house-hunt out in the surrounding villages.

I so want to share every detail with you -- and I will... but for now I have to make it short as our sponsor is going to look over the housing list with me and we're going to set some appointments. Please know that with each house we look at I picture which room will be ours, the boy's, Israel's, and YOURS! I'll keep you posted...

LeRoy started his job yesterday! Yahoo! Much to learn. Many changes. Because they're in a bit of transition, LeRoy has showed up and is using his many skills to fill in in about three different positions until they get people situated. Yep! That's my man! Of course, he does all this and comes home a party-man in the evening!

This morning I got up at 4 AM and Isaiah must have heard me. He joined me at the dining room table and announced he was going to stay up with me and write a letter, too. So I made us a pot of coffee and we settled in. Pretty soon Israel and Ezekiel joined us, too. And since we were having so much fun, LeRoy decided to get ready for the day and hang out with us, also. Eli did come out, and in a sleepy stupor, asked what we were all doing up in the middle of the night. We invited him to write in his journal or write letters with us but he said he was going back to bed. At least someone in the family is smart!

Anyway, I'll share more later... oh! There is just so much to share!! I don't even know where to begin! We've been here four days and I still can hardly believe how dreamy, how surreal, romantic, and nostalgic it all is! We are traveling by train to Trier on Friday -- if I don't update you before then, I'll definitely let you know about our adventures on that day.

Love you, Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!!!! Can I just say that when I went to church last Sunday, and Carol Baril told me that the Olsons had left, I didn't even know that you were going? What an amazingly FUN adventure! I am looking forward to reading all of your wonderful stories, and am delighted to imagine your fabulous family tripping through Europe for a season! David and I are going to be on European soil in October (Paris), but won't make it as far inland as Berlin...bummer...(Did I jut say,"bummer" AFTER saying I would be in Europe?!?! Not exactly what I meant.)So, since I can't be a visitor to your home, I will be a regular visitor to your blog. I am inspired by you!!! Jenn Williamson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cousin Olson's!
    Glad to hear your enjoying yourselves. Will maybe hear more from you now then when you were closer to home. :)
    Love you guys,
    Mike and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Olson Family!

    Man, we miss you guys already, but what a blessing that you are having yet another adventure. I love your outlook on life, and am inspired to live that way right now in mine! Keep us updated and I'll look forward to talking to you more. :)

    Love you all,

    Heather & Bart Orth

    ReplyDelete