Tuesday, July 1, 2014

When You Don't Know the Plan

Today, from the archives... originally posted July 11, 2007:

Staying in the Moment
No passports. Our flights for 6:45 AM today were canceled yesterday and rescheduled for... ?? Actually, this time we'll wait until we have the passports in hand before rescheduling again. I love when stuff like this happens in life -- there's no better way to not only be reminded to stay in the moment but, uh, what else are you going to do? Someone I know asked me yesterday, "So... you were supposed to be in Germany right now -- what do you think you would be doing if you were there?"

I said, "But I'm not in Germany. I'm here."

He didn't give up. "Yes, but you're flight was supposed to leave last Thursday! What would you be doing right now?"

I didn't give up either. "In this moment, I'm here. I have no idea what would've been. I only know this moment."

So that's where we're at. The last 5 days have been some of the most incredible days ever! We said some extremely important goodbyes that otherwise would have been missed. In a way, I feel like God gifted us with "bonus days." Yes, we can hardly wait to begin our new chapter in Germany. But in the meantime, I am waiting EXPECTANTLY for all that God has for us moment by moment where we are right now. I know He has much for us -- I want to embrace all of it.

Blessings on your day!
Sharon
 
 
*On April 17, 2014, LeRoy interviewed for a position in Ramstein, Germany, (an hour south of where we lived before). On May 20th, he received word that he got the job!
 
And where are we in this journey now? {long smile} We're staying in the moment. We still don't have a date for when we'll leave... Which means we'll engage in one of my favorite pastimes: we'll linger just a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment