Friday, December 26, 2008

Wait! There's More!

HOW could I fail to mention the glorious dinner we had last night!! Seasoned pork steaks on the grill, Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad), "Ultimate" mashed potatoes, glazed sweet potatoes, (noticing a theme here?), green salad, German radish dip, and sweet wine from the Mosel. I might be forgetting something... the table was loaded. The pork steaks were a melt-in-your-mouth hit with everyone -- including the chiclets. And the conversation was lively. (I was so blessed by the intimate conversation Dani and I were able to share in the kitchen while working on the last-minute details of dinner. Deep connections are always such a precious gift to me!)


Dinner, conversation, lots and lots of laughter, games... these relationships with one another reveal more of God's glory.


"How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me --
Things so undeserved, yet You give to prove Your love for me?
The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude --
All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to Thee.


To God be the glory... for the things He has done!"
~ "My Tribute" by Andrae Crouch, 1971
(one of my most favorite hymns since I was little)
"Not to us, O Lord... but to Your name be the glory." ~ Psalm 115:1

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharon!
    I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year1 i see you had a wonderfull Christmas Day!
    Hopefully we will run into each other soon....When is the next bowling day meeting?
    sheri

    ReplyDelete